Dinosaurus: The Complete Guide to Dinosaurs by Steve Parker
Hardcover. Condition: Near Fine. 2003. Firefly Books. 1st Edition, 1st Printing. Heavily Illustrated.
PUBLISHING ERROR: Book Published with text block upside down, start of book is at rear cover.
No other life-form captures the imagination and attention like dinosaurs. Organized by the major dinosaur families, Dinosaurus identifies 500 species creature by creature, from the voracious flesh-eaters to the egg-stealers to the vegetarians, detailing what they looked like, what they ate and how they fought, lived and died.
All this information is dramatically presented and exciting to read, with features such as:
- At-a-glance fact files
- Concise explanations of known traits and habits of each dinosaur species
- Vivid full-color illustrations
- Latin name, translation and pronunciation
- Adult length and weight
- Height specifics and comparison to humans
- Diet and habitat
- Global distribution.
Dinosaurus also challenges and discredits some long-popular myths and legends. For example, this guide shows that:
- The dinosaur known as brontosaurus never existed
- Tyrannosaurus was not the biggest meat-eater of all time
- Flying dinosaurs were not simply feeble gliders
- Sea dinosaurs could not out-swim today's fastest fish.
Brimming with the research from digs in North America, Mongolia, Europe, China and elsewhere, Dinosaurus is comprehensive, innovative and as compelling and exciting as the dinosaurs themselves.